Dr Chong Kian Chun
Island Orthopaedics (Gleneagles Medical Centre)
Island Orthopaedics (Mount Alvernia Hospital)
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS (Singapore), MMed (Singapore) (Orthopaedics), FRCS (Edinburgh) (Orthopaedics)
• Acromio-clavicular joint stabilization and reconstruction.
• Ankle arthroscopy, ankle ligament repair and
• Cartilage repair surgery.
• Fracture care and joint dislocation treatment.
• Hip arthroscopy, including femoro-acetabular
impingement (FAI) decompression and labral repair.
• Knee arthroscopy, including ACL and PCL reconstruction,
MCL repair and reconstruction, postero-lateral (PLC)
repair and reconstruction, and multi-ligament knee
• Meniscus surgery.
• Shoulder arthroscopy, including rotator cuff repair,
Bankart repair and stabilization, frozen shoulder
• Sports injuries
• Surgery for patellar dislocation and instability.
• Tennis elbow release and tendon repair.
“To care for all with compassion and competence.”
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine in Orthopaedics (MMed), National University of Singapore
- Fellowship, The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS) (Orthopaedics)
- Subspecialty training in Sports Orthopaedics, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Former Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Changi General Hospital
- Former Director of Orthopaedic Sports Service, Changi General Hospital
- Subspecialty interest in minimally invasive arthroscopic reconstructive surgery of the shoulder, knee and hip, and the treatment of sports injuries
- Former member of the Orthopaedics Specialist Training Committee for training of all orthopaedic surgeons in Singapore
- Former Clinical Lecturer at Yong Loo Lin Medical School, National University of Singapore
- Conducted numerous workshops on shoulder and knee arthroscopy locally and overseas
- Published numerous articles in peer-reviewed academic journals
- Member, ISHA The Hip Preservation Society
- Member, Singapore Orthopaedic Association
- Honorary Secretary, Singapore Orthopaedic Association, 2009