Healthway Medical provides COVID-19 Serology Tests in Singapore
Healthway Medical GP clinics are Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPC) and are accredited to carry out COVID-19 serology tests in Singapore. Healthway Medical provides both IgG and IgM antibody serology tests.
IgM antibody serology test is a blood test that detects the first antibody that our bodies produce when fighting a new infection. A positive IgM antibody serology test can be used to indicate if a person has recently been vaccinated or has been infected by COVID-19.
On the other hand, IgG antibody serology test is a blood test that detects IgG antibodies, which are more likely to develop later in our bodies. These IgG antibodies usually remain in our blood even after the infection goes away.
To make an enquiry or book an appointment, call your nearest Healthway Medical clinic.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between COVID-19 serology tests and PCR swab tests?
COVID-19 PCR swab tests are diagnostic tests that detect active infection of COVID-19 in individuals.
On the other hand, COVID-19 serology tests cannot determine if an individual is currently infected with COVID-19. Instead, serology tests detect past infections and are mostly used for pre-departure screening (if this is a requirement of the destination country), verification of overseas COVID-19 vaccinations and contact tracing purposes.
Who should take the COVID-19 serology test in Singapore?
- If you are travelling to China, you will be required to take an IgM antibody test in addition to the PCR COVID-19 test. Click here to learn more about pre-departure PCR tests provided at Healthway Medical.
- If you would like to verify your overseas COVID-19 vaccination and get your vaccination records updated in the National Immunisation Registry (NIR), you will be required to take a COVID-19 serology test and meet these requirements:
1) Show a copy of your overseas vaccination certificate (digital or hard copy is accepted)
2) Must have received the full dosage of any of these vaccines: Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Covishield
3) Must be a Long-Term Resident of Singapore (must have NRIC or FIN, including individuals with work permit, employment pass, s-pass, dependent pass, long term visit pass etc.)
When will I receive my COVID-19 serology test results?
- COVID-19 PCR swab test and serology test: 24 hours
- Verification of overseas vaccination and updating of vaccination records in the National Immunisation Registry (NIR): The serology test results will be ready within 2-3 days. If your serology test result is positive, Healthway Medical will update your vaccination records in the NIR. Subsequently, you will be able to view your vaccination status on the HealthHub and TraceTogether app within 24 hours.
How will I receive my COVID-19 serology test results?
COVID-19 serology test results will be sent via email to the patient. Alternatively, the patient can choose to go to the clinic to collect the results.
What does a positive serology test for COVID-19 mean?
A positive serology test shows that antibodies have been mounted against the COVID-19 virus. This can indicate that an individual has recently been vaccinated or infected by COVID-19.
Where can I take the COVID-19 serology test?
Healthway Medical GP clinics are Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPC) and are accredited to carry out COVID-19 tests.
At Healthway Medical, we offer various COVID-19 tests such as Antigen Rapid Tests, Polymerase Chain Reaction tests, Serology tests. Click here to learn more about how these COVID-19 tests work.
You may call your preferred Healthway Medical GP clinic near to you to book an appointment in order to take the COVID-19 serology test.