Healthway Medical provides COVID-19 Serology Tests in Singapore
Healthway Medical GP clinics are Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPC) and are accredited to carry out COVID-19 serology tests in Singapore. Healthway Medical provides both IgG and IgM antibody serology tests.
IgM antibody serology test is a blood test that detects the first antibody that our bodies produce when fighting a new infection. A positive IgM antibody serology test can be used to indicate if a person has recently been vaccinated or has been infected by COVID-19.
On the other hand, IgG antibody serology test is a blood test that detects IgG antibodies, which are more likely to develop later in our bodies. These IgG antibodies usually remain in our blood even after the infection goes away.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between COVID-19 serology tests and PCR swab tests?
COVID-19 PCR swab tests are diagnostic tests that detect active infection of COVID-19 in individuals.
On the other hand, COVID-19 serology tests cannot determine if an individual is currently infected with COVID-19. Instead, serology tests detect past infections and are mostly used for pre-departure screening (if this is a requirement of the destination country), verification of overseas COVID-19 vaccinations and contact tracing purposes.
Who should take the COVID-19 serology test in Singapore?
- If you are travelling to China, you will be required to take an IgM antibody test in addition to the PCR COVID-19 test. Click here to learn more about pre-departure PCR tests provided at Healthway Medical.
- If you would like to verify your overseas COVID-19 vaccination and get your vaccination records updated in the National Immunisation Registry (NIR), you will be required to take a COVID-19 serology test and meet these requirements:
1) Show a copy of your overseas vaccination certificate (digital or hard copy is accepted)
2) Must have received the full dosage of any of these vaccines: Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Covishield
3) Must be a Long-Term Resident of Singapore (must have NRIC or FIN, including individuals with work permit, employment pass, s-pass, dependent pass, long term visit pass etc.)
When will I receive my COVID-19 serology test results?
- COVID-19 PCR swab test and serology test: 24 hours
- Verification of overseas vaccination and updating of vaccination records in the National Immunisation Registry (NIR): The serology test results will be ready within 2-3 days. If your serology test result is positive, Healthway Medical will update your vaccination records in the NIR. Subsequently, you will be able to view your vaccination status on the HealthHub and TraceTogether app within 24 hours.
How will I receive my COVID-19 serology test results?
COVID-19 serology test results will be sent via email to the patient. Alternatively, the patient can choose to go to the clinic to collect the results.
What does a positive serology test for COVID-19 mean?
A positive serology test shows that antibodies have been mounted against the COVID-19 virus. This can indicate that an individual has recently been vaccinated or infected by COVID-19.
Where can I take the COVID-19 serology test?
Healthway Medical GP clinics are Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPC) and are accredited to carry out COVID-19 tests.
At Healthway Medical, we offer various COVID-19 tests such as Antigen Rapid Tests, Polymerase Chain Reaction tests, Serology tests. Click here to learn more about how these COVID-19 tests work.
What is the difference between qualitative and quantitative COVID-19 serology tests?
Qualitative COVID-19 serology test (cPASS test) measures the percentage of SARS-CoV2 neutralising antibodies. On the other hand, quantitative COVID-19 Antibody test (Anti-SARS-CoV-2 S test) detects the presence of S-antibodies (which are produced by vaccination and not infection) and quantifies the amount of antibodies.
How can I book an appointment?
Walk into your nearest Healthway Medical GP clinic for your serology test. Alternatively, you may call any of the following Healthway Medical GP clinics to book an appointment:
- Healthway Medical (Downtown Gallery) – 6220 2383
- Healthway Medical (Jurong West Central) – 6792 1812
- Healthway Medical (Tampines St 21)– 6260 8801
- Healthway Medical (Toa Payoh Central) – 6255 3773
- Healthway Medical (Jurong West)– 6791 5680
- Boon Lay Corporation Clinic – 6899 4569
- Healthway Medical (Bukit Batok West) – 6256 5980
- Healthway Medical (Tampines Central) – 6789 0383
- Healthway Medical (Anchorvale)– 6312 3106
Please note that due to the high influx of patients visiting our clinics for COVID-19 tests, you may experience a longer waiting time (including those who have booked their appointment). We seek your kind understanding as we take precautions to keep you safe while attending to your medical needs.