Healthway Medical provides COVID-19 tests
At Healthway Medical, we provide several COVID-19 tests to assess and mitigate the spread of the virus.
From 1st April 2023, in line with MOH’s announcement, the provision of government-funded COVID-19 testing (ART, PCR) will be deactivated. Our clinics will continue to provide self-paid COVID-19 testing (ART, PCR) for patients who require this service.
What kind of COVID-19 tests does Healthway Medical provide and which one should you be taking?
Pre-departure test* is available for outbound individuals travelling to any country that requires a COVID-19 test for entry.
*Please check if your destination country requires pre-departure test and that your testing window is within the pre-departure testing requirements.
ANTIBODY (SEROLOGY) TEST
COVID-19 serology test is a blood test that detects the antibodies that are produced by our immune system to fight the infection. Individuals who received their COVID-19 vaccinations overseas can verify their vaccination records by undergoing a serology test in Singapore.
We provide COVID-19 serology tests at selected Healthway Medical GP clinics.
Learn about the differences between Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test is the most accurate test for COVID-19. It is a swab test that is used to detect the presence of COVID-19 antigen in a person.
Travellers can take a pre-departure PCR test at selected Healthway Medical GP clinics. It is the travellers’ responsibility to book an appointment based on the testing window of their destination country.
Pre-departure Swab Centre
- To meet the increase in demand for COVID-19 swab tests, we have set up a pre-departure swab centre that operates daily at Healthway Medical (Downtown Gallery).
- Operating hours:
- Monday – Friday: 830am – 1pm, 2pm – 3.45pm
- Saturday, Sunday and PH: 9am – 12pm, 1pm – 3.45pm
- *Due to the surge in patient volume, longer waiting times can be expected and our clinics’ registration counters generally close 15 mins before the scheduled closing time. Registration counters might close earlier in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Book an appointment online here.
- Walk-ins are accepted but are subject to waiting time.
- For more information, call 6977 6633 (only available from Monday to Sunday, 8:30am – 5:30pm)
- If you are unable to make an online booking, call 6977 6633 (only available from Monday to Sunday, 8:30am – 5:30pm) to book an appointment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are no subsidies for COVID-19 pre-departure swab tests and verification of overseas vaccinations.
COVID-19 PCR swab tests and COVID-19 ART swab tests will be funded by the government for individuals with Acute Respiratory Infection (ARI) symptoms / government-paid operations (such as Person under Quarantine (PUQ), surveillance testing) / long-term care providers such as nursing homes, psychiatric facilities.
For pre-departure COVID-19 PCR swab test, please bring these documents:
- NRIC or FIN
- Flight details
For ART COVID-19 swab test, please bring your NRIC or FIN or passport
For verification of overseas COVID-19 vaccinations,
1) Show a copy of your overseas vaccination certificate (digital or hard copy is accepted)
2) Must have received the full regimen of any of these vaccines: Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty, Moderna, Sinovac, Sinopharm, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Covishield
3) Must be a Long-Term Resident of Singapore (must have NRIC or FIN, including individuals with work permit, employment pass, s-pass, dependent pass, long term visit pass etc.)
These are the turnaround timings for:
- COVID-19 PCR swab test: 24 hours
- COVID-19 PCR swab test + Serology Test: 24 hours
- COVID-19 Express PCR swab test: 6 hours
- COVID-19 ART swab test: 30 mins
- Verification of Overseas COVID-19 Vaccination: 24 hours – 36 hours
- COVID-19 Pre-departure PCR swab test: SMS text and email
- COVID-19 Pre-departure PCR swab test + Serology Test: SMS text and email
- COVID-19 ART swab test: SMS text
- Verification of Overseas COVID-19 Vaccination: Updated in Trace Together App and Health Hub App